This list is my compilation of activities/events/disciplines I want to do/attend/develop over this year while I’m 20! Some of the things are silly and fun and others are opportunities for me to be more intentional about this year.
2. Learn to play chess.
3. Be a consistent member of the “8 o’clock club.” (wondering what this is? go here)
4. Learn to play golf. (Does disc golf count? Learned with J on 6/14/2011)
6. Learn to change a tire.
7. Shoot a real gun.
8. Stick with my commitments. I’m trying to eliminate my flaky-ness. (maybe “don’t over-commit myself” should go here, too. gotta set myself up for success.)
9. Go camping. Done. 7/1/11-7/3/11
10. Study prayer in the Bible.
11. Keep up with this blog. I think I’ve done a pretty good job so far.
12. Go to at least 1 (of each) play, musical, orchestra concert, ballet, fun concert, and something else creative/random.
-play: Milligan’s Treasure Island 02/11
-something creative/random: Bristol Speedway in Lights 12/11
13. Finish at least 10 books, not for school.
–Christian Atheist Craig Groeschel
–The Glass Castle Jeannette Walls
-Radical David Platt
–The Furious Love of God Brennan Manning
–Wise Blood Flannery O’Connor
–Heaven is for Real Todd Burpo
-Cinderella Ate my Daughter Peggy Orenstein
–Love & Respect Emerson Eggerichs
-The Secret Garden Frances Hodgson Burnett
-The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins
14. Delete and stay off Facebook. 2/10/11 deleted Facebook.
16. Write an encouraging note/letter/email (texts don’t count) to at least one of my friends every day.
17. Stop comparing myself to other people. Remember who I am as a daughter of the Lord and run to Jesus for my worth and comfort. Be defined by who I am as a new creation in Christ, not who I appear to be on the outside or who others perceive me to be.
18. Try to have more of a regular sleep schedule…. (will help #3).
19. Love my family well: make more of an effort to stay connected despite the distance and care for them, pray for them, and encourage them.
20. Go to class. (skipping is only allowed if I’m out of town or extremely sick…. no more skipping class to sunbathe. got it?) More of a success fall semester than spring, but I improved, so check!
hello, twenty. :)